See our latest vacancy:
Volunteer Representative Role Description
As South Leeds Community Radio grows in terms of volunteers and output, it is recognised that more volunteer supported is required.
As the station is under a period of change, with new developments in funding, changes in course delivery and capacity we know how important it is to inform volunteers of such changes in an appropriate way.
Having feedback from volunteers about their experiences of station is also of huge importance to us. It is essential we provide an environment where volunteers feel welcome and supported to make the type of show they want to make.
The Volunteer Representative will work alongside station staff and volunteers to share information and make recommendations as how to make station life of the highest standard.
· To liaise and support new and existing volunteers
· To work with station staff to cascade information to volunteers
· To collect volunteer feedback to help with future planning of the station
· To wherever possible recruit new volunteers using face to face and social media techniques
· To represent the station at local community events, fairs and meetings at an appropriate level.
· To provide content for the stations website on your work, in a diary style format.
Qualities & Experience:
· Applicants must be an existing volunteer of South Leeds Community Radio
· Have excellent people skills
· Have excellent communication skills
· Be able to deal with challenging/ difficult behaviours in a professional way
· Have a good level of literacy in order to provide content for the website
· Be able to smile, a friendly approach goes a long way at South Leeds Community Radio
· Have an understanding of real meaning of community
To ensure the Volunteer Representative is supported in their role you will be required to attend some training, which will usually be off site. For such training your travel costs will be paid.
In addition you will have regular 121 meetings with the Station Manager.
The Volunteer Representative role is flexible. However you are required to work 3 hours per week, from the station on Ashbrooke Park, Parkside Lane, Leeds. These hours may be split around your recording (if you make a show).
The contract provided will be on a three months pilot. The contract will be on a self-employed basis. Therefore you will have responsibility for paying any tax and National Insurance contributions.
Payment will be made on a monthly basis, directly by BACS, on the submission of an invoice.
You will invoice South Leeds Community Radio for 3 hours a week at £8.50 per hour, on the last working day of the month.
If you are interested please email your CV along with a cover letter to
(t) 0113 2777 453